Oversized Vehicle Parking Restrictions/Permit
Oversized Vehicle Parking Restrictions
The City of Camarillo’s Oversized Vehicle Parking Ordinance prohibits the parking of such vehicles in residential areas and in selected commercial areas (Click here for map) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). The ordinance is enforced on a complaint basis; violators are subject to citation and a $35 fine.
Oversized vehicles are those which exceed 25 feet in length and 80 inches in width or 82 inches in height, not including lights or antennae. (Pickup trucks less than 25 feet in length and 82 inches in height are excluded.) The restrictions do not apply to oversized vehicles under the following conditions:
- The vehicle is in the process of being loaded or unloaded, including pick-up or delivery of goods and materials;
- Temporary or emergency repairs are being made;
- The vehicle properly displays a valid temporary permit issued by the Camarillo Police Department.
- The vehicle properly displays a valid oversized vehicle handicap permit issued by the Camarillo Police Department. A handicap license plate or placard alone is not sufficient to be exempt from these parking restrictions.
- The vehicle is a public emergency vehicle.
Handicap and temporary parking permits are available at no charge for out-of-town visitors and residents from the Camarillo Police Department. Handicap permits, which are valid for two (2) years, allow unrestricted parking of oversized vehicles. Temporary permits allow parking of oversized vehicles adjacent to homes or businesses for no more than five (5) consecutive calendar days. Additional permits may be obtained, but temporary parking will not be allowed for more than ten (10) days during any 90 consecutive days.
The Camarillo Police Department is located at 3701 Las Posas Road and is open to the public from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Permits may be obtained in person, or application form may be downloaded, printed and emailed or faxed to the department, and the permit will be mailed upon approval. Please submit your request at least 4 working days before it is needed to allow for the mailing of the permit back to you.