The Political Reform Act and the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) was established in 1974 by California voters. The Act regulates campaign financing, conflicts of interest, lobbying, and governmental ethics. The FPPC’s objectives are to ensure that public officials act in a fair and unbiased manner in the governmental decision-making process, to promote transparency in government, and to foster public trust in the political system.
The FPPC directs the filing of campaign finance reports. There are various reports that are filed during the year by elected office holders and open committees, and additional reports which are filed by candidates during election cycles. The reports are filed with the City Clerk who is responsible for making the reports (in their entirety) available to the public upon request.
In an effort to increase public access to campaign contribution reports, the City of Camarillo has implemented an electronic filing system which provides instant access to redacted copies of campaign reports filed with the City. Campaign reports (filed after August 2018) may be viewed via this Link.
Unredacted reports, and reports filed prior to September 2018, are available for review at the City Clerk’s counter in City Hall at 601 Carmen Drive, Camarillo, CA, or may be obtained via Email through the City Clerk’s Office. Please indicate the committee you wish to receive reports for and the time period of the filings requested. The City has filings for the following elected officials and open committees:
- Councilmember Charlotte Craven
- Councilmember Kevin Kildee
- Councilmember Jan McDonald
- Councilmember Mike Morgan
- Councilmember Tony Trembley
- Chris Valenzano for City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Friends of Dransfeldt for Camarillo City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Committee to Elect Daniel Goldberg (Committee)
- Shawn Mulchay for City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Friends of Romero for Camarillo City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Friends of Santangelo for Camarillo City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Angus Simmons for Camarillo City Council 2018 (Committee)
- Camarillo Citizens for Term Limits - Yes on Measure M - No on Measure E (Committee)
- Responsibile Term Limits for Camarillo - Yes on Measure E, No on Measure M - Councilmember Trembley Committee (Committee)